Shipping SuperintendentThis person oversees the day to day operations of approximately 300 employees in the dry grocery shipping department including, but not limited to, production, quality, and safety standards and core values. This person is responsible for the proper startup, processing, shutdown, and cleanup of the assigned department.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Responsible for grocery shipping operations cost centers including, but not limited to, shift budgets, planning, cost controls, process management / adherence, productivity and operational execution
- Responsible for adherence to established corporate and operational shipping department controls, practices, processes, procedures and policies
- Responsible for building and maintaining grocery shipping department staffing including, but not limited to, hiring, terminations, training and development, associate communication and relations programs. Maintain strict compliance and coordination with corporate policies and practice, governmental regulations, procedures and policies
- Responsible for expected and established customer service metrics including, but not limited to, selection and loading accuracy, product damage and cost per case. Ensure compliance with governmental and other regulatory laws and guidelines including, but not limited to, OSHA, EPA, FDA, FCC, USDA, and DHS.
- Maintain a model of company care, values, and purpose.
- Cooperate with intercompany departments on projects and activities as required.
- High school diploma or GED
- 5+ years of warehouse management experience in a high volume warehousing environment
- Successful track record in supervising a diverse workforce.
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills, conflict resolution, and employee relations skills
- Knowledge of all city, state, and federal regulations as they pertain to sanitation requirements
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Microsoft office skills - intermediate level